Introduction to Skin Discoloration
Our world is a mixture of different kinds of people. We may have come across a person/s with uneven skin color. Skin is the largest organ of our body and covers us from head to toe. The color found on the skin is due to a pigment called melanin. It is a complex polymer derived from tyrosine (an amino acid) and is found in melanocyte cells. The Epidermis, the top layer of our skin, is where the melanocytes are distributed. Whenever melanin is produced it spreads to the skin cells nearby and tries to bring about uniform skin color. Discoloration of the skin can happen when there is too much, too little, or no melanin present. Melanocytes can also form groups or nests that lead to freckles, moles, age spots, or other kinds of discoloration. A skin discoloration cream can help in many ways in treating pigmentation problem and uneven skin tone
Causes of Skin Discoloration
Skin discoloration can develop from a grouping of blood vessels or fungus. Some of the common causes are injury, illness, or inflammatory problems. A difference in the melanin level can bring about skin discoloration in the neck, face, and legs.
Skin infections cause localized changes in skin color and texture. Fungal infections like candida, tinea versicolor, and ringworm cause skin discoloration.
- Burns: A burn on the skin tissue causes a change in skin color. It can be a sunburn or a skin burn varying from first-degree to third-degree. Uneven application of sunscreen leads to a patchy tan. Healing of a skin burn leads to the formation of scar tissue that is not of the same skin color causing discoloration.
- Hormonal changes in the body lead to skin discoloration on the face or neck. During pregnancy, the increase in the levels of estrogen and progesterone causes dark-colored patches of skin. Melasma or the mask of pregnancy is a condition where dark patches of skin develop on both sides of the face or the neck(rare) due to the hormone level change in the body in pregnant women (chloasma).
- Autoimmune disease and allergy can also be a cause for this condition. The immune system attacks the healthy cells and causes inflammation that leads to discoloration. Diseases like lupus erythematosus and Grave’s can cause skin lightening or darkening. Allergy like eczema causes scaly patches and red bumps on the skin. Various allergic reactions to foods, irritants, or plants can cause discolored skin patches.
- Birthmarks develop at birth or after birth and are discolored spots. Some of the different types of birthmarks found are moles (brown or black), strawberry nevus (red color), and Mongolian blue spots (blue patches on the skin).
- Skin cancer occurs when our DNA inside the cells gets damaged due to long-term sun exposure or chemical exposure. Damaged cells start growing out of control to form a mass of cells. Some types are basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, actinic keratosis (brown or pink spots on the hands or face), and melanoma (cancerous mole found on the chest or back in men and on the legs in women).
- Skin pigmentation disorders: Some skin pigmentation disorders lead to discoloration. Common forms of disorders found are listed below
- Melasma: This commonly found disorder affects facial skin and causes brown patches. Its seen more often in women more than men. Causative factors of melasma can include sun exposure and hormonal changes.
- Vitiligo: Yet another commonly found disorder that can affect any part of the body. It affects melanocytes and hinders their proper functioning, which results in patches of lighter skin. Sometimes, it will also change a person’s hair color. The exact cause of vitiligo is unknown but is often linked with suppressed immune.
- Some other causes are contact dermatitis, rosacea (red bumps on nose, forehead, or cheek), radiation therapy, stasis ulcer (occurs in lower legs), and vitiligo (white patches on the skin due to non-functioning melanocytes).
Home remedies can also be tried for skin discoloration. Lemon juice application helps to lighten the dark skin areas. Creams rich in vitamin A or vitamin E can reduce the appearance of discoloration and improve a person’s health. Vitamin C-rich foods boost skin health and are an essential nutrient for the skin. Castor oil application in discolored areas or a cloth soaked in this oil helps to smooth the skin and break down excess melanin. Tea consumption also has a role in fighting skin discoloration. Drinking tea made from red clover or milk thistle helps reduce skin discoloration. Olive oil can be used to soften dead skin cells that are discolored. The application of olive oil softens and then sloughs them away. Honey too can be used as a cleanser which helps reduce discoloration gradually.
Different treatments available
Treatment varies from person to person and depends on the cause. Firstly, the doctor checks for any underlying health condition and prescribes treatment for it. If the cause is skin cancer, the associated treatment is started as soon as possible.
- Medical treatments given include laser therapy, chemical peels, and topical creams. Lasers (Q-switched) are used to help lighten the skin areas that have darkened. Chemical peels consist of glycolic acid and salicylic acid, which can be used to remove the outer discolored skin layer.
- Home Remedies: Home remedies can also be tried for skin discoloration. Lemon juice application helps to lighten the dark skin areas. Creams rich in vitamin A or vitamin E can reduce the appearance of discoloration and improve a person’s health.
- Topical creams like skin discoloration cream made up of retinol (vitamin A) or hydroquinone are prescribed to decrease the appearance of dark skin patches.
Here are the 3 Best Skin Discoloration Creams
Meladerm: #1 Skin Discoloration Cream
The primary purpose of Meladerm is to get rid of hyperpigmentation from your skin. Amongst other things, it can also be used in order to get rid of acne marks, along with a lot of other issues such as discoloration, suntans, old scars as well as birthmarks that may create problems in the visible skin. They can also take care of uneven skin tone, as well as the dark coloration in the underarms and the elbows, knuckles, and knees. It will also be able to get rid of the freckles in the face as well as any kind of discoloration associated with this phenomenon.
- The product comes at a very cheap cost and purchasing a twin pack results in a massive discount.
- It will be able to prevent discoloration is of various forms on the surface of your skin.
- It has the ability to work within a very short period of time to give the desired results.
- It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- This product has been around for over 20 years, providing astounding results to people throughout its lifetime.
- This product is exclusively made out of natural chemicals, making it free from side effects.
Directions to use
After washing the affected part of the skin and drying it, you need to provide an even layer of the cream at least twice a day to ensure that it is completely absorbed by the skin. You need to apply it once in the morning before you go out to work and once in the night in order to provide a maximum chance for the skin to absorb the cream. There should be limited exposure to the sunlight, and you need to avoid going to any kind of tanning salon on making use of sun lamps in order to get a tan when using this skin discoloration cream.
With having been in circulation in the market for over 20 years, one can definitely expect proper results associated with this kind of skin discoloration cream. It is by far one of the most notable creams that will be able to take care of hyperpigmentation and provides a fighting chance to people suffering from the worst kind of hyperpigmentation. Moreover, it also comes within a very small budget and therefore enables you to try and get rid of any kind of blemishes in your skin without any kind of problems.
Amaira skin lightening serum is the serum that has been created with natural ingredients that are not only taken care of your sensitive skin but also ensure that any kind of darkness or areas of darkness in the visible parts of your skin can be very easily removed. Amongst other things, people that are suffering from a noticeable amount of scars in the visible areas of the skin who feel a lot of problems in getting rid of it will be able to make use of the screen and witness visible results within a very short period of time.
- This product has been recommended by most dermatologists due to the absence of harsh chemicals.
- It is safe for all kinds of skin.
- It is created out of natural ingredients, making it free from any kind of side effects.
- Shipping happens free in the United States.
- It is made in an FDA licensed facility.
- It comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- This product is not tested on animals, making it cruelty-free.
- The cost of this product is not a lot, ensuring that people with a limited amount of income can easily purchase it.
Directions to use
Upon washing the area where you would want to make use of this serum, you need to try it properly and make use of a very light exfoliant in order to clean the skin. After that, you need to apply the serum in the morning and ensure that it is massaged properly so that the skin will be able to absorb all the serum. You can repeat this same process in the evening itself before you get ready to sleep, and apply the serum so that the skin will be able to soak in the chemicals.
The visible results attribute it to the Amaira skin lightening serum takes place after continuous use following the proper directions in about six weeks or less. It is by far one of the most fast-acting skin discoloration cream that you would be able to find in the market that does not create any kind of side effects and yet it will be able to give you the results that you would want within a short period of time. The only thing that you would have to remember when using the serum is to ensure that you do not have any prolonged work in the harsh sunlight.
The primary use of ZetaWhite is to get rid of any kind of hyperpigmentation that you might be suffering from. It is this extremely powerful skin lightening system that has not only been able to get rid of any kind of darkening in your skin, but it has been able to do so without the use of any chemicals or toxins and without the need for any kind of bleaching whatsoever. This natural blend has been able to provide a bright skin that is devoid of any kind of blemishes within a matter of months.
- ZetaWhite is certified by the FDA, making it a proper cream to be used within the United States.
- It is 95% organic, making it free from any kind of side effects normally experienced in such skin-lightening creams.
- It is very easily procured from the Internet as well as off-line medical stores.
- It has been able to garner a lot of positive reviews due to the efficient results that it provides within a very short period of time.
- It does not cost a lot, making it very attractive to people looking to purchase a cost-effective skin discoloration cream.
Directions to use
The very first thing you need to do is to clean the area that you are going to apply the cream on. It must be cleaned with a very mild exfoliant, so as not to cause any kind of crack in the skin. After washing is completed, you need to dry the area with a mild towel or even a piece of cotton, and then apply the ZetaWhite cream in small proportions so that it can be very easily absorbed within the skin. You need to apply twice a day so as to get the maximum results in the minimum amount of time.
The results of using the ZetaWhite cream will be visible within a matter of months. A lot of people have already been able to provide theirs before and after pictures which show that the cream has been able to work properly, and reduce a lot of hyperpigmentation within the shortest time possible. Moreover, this product has also been in the market for quite a while, thereby garnering a lot of positive reviews from people while at the same time becoming one of the best hyperpigmentation creams in the market, particularly in the US.